Zemun Clan Gangster Dies after Shooting in Bulgaria's Capital
Yovica Lukic, 30, passed away at the hospital of the Interior Ministry in Sofia, Darik News reported.
Lukic has been staying in Bulgaria with a fake passport, posing as a Macedonian named Metodi Dossev. He claimed to have Bulgarian citizenship as well and to be permanently living and working in the United States.
Prior to the fatal shooting in Sofia, Lukic has been handed down two sentences - for drugs trafficking and violence. He was wanted by Interpol.
Two Serbs with criminal past, a baby and his mother were heavily wounded in the shooting in the middle of July in Sofia's southern district of Belite brezi. Three masked men fired at the victims just after they stepped out of a car in front of the residential building they lived in.
The shooting is believed to have settled scores among members of the Zemun Clan.
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man