Zemun Clan Gangster Dies after Shooting in Bulgaria's Capital
Yovica Lukic, 30, passed away at the hospital of the Interior Ministry in Sofia, Darik News reported.
Lukic has been staying in Bulgaria with a fake passport, posing as a Macedonian named Metodi Dossev. He claimed to have Bulgarian citizenship as well and to be permanently living and working in the United States.
Prior to the fatal shooting in Sofia, Lukic has been handed down two sentences - for drugs trafficking and violence. He was wanted by Interpol.
Two Serbs with criminal past, a baby and his mother were heavily wounded in the shooting in the middle of July in Sofia's southern district of Belite brezi. Three masked men fired at the victims just after they stepped out of a car in front of the residential building they lived in.
The shooting is believed to have settled scores among members of the Zemun Clan.
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
- » Bulgarians among Top Complainants with Strasbourg Court
- » Bulgarian Woman Assaulted in Thessaloniki, Claims Rape
- » New 'Refugee' Incident Reported in Bulgarian Capital
- » One Arrested for Brutal Beating of Syrians, Lebanese in Sofia